Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Equator Coffee, Bouchon Blend

Three's a crowd? Not these caffeinated bad-boys! ... ☕
Too much of a good thing is bad, according to the wise-old ones... Ergo, consuming my favorite local coffee blend on a daily basis (thrice-a-day even) stales my palette from time-to-time. This is when I seek out to try something new (a coffee "fling" perhaps?), usually an imported brand. Our San Francisco-based mole Les G never fails to amaze us with her good-foodie-finds... and this time she inclined it a notch higher by shipping it to us in a "balik-bayan" box, among other lovable loots!

Photo Courtesy of Bouchon Bakery
This is the same satisfyingly-rich, dark roast coffee served in Thomas Keller's famous Bouchon Bakery in Napa Valley, CA. Custom blended from four of the world's key coffee growing regions; it is masterfully prepared to Chef Keller's exacting specs and artisan roasted by hand, thus ensuring that each and every small batch is performed with tender-loving care!

Potently-rich flavor, excellent Crema too...
Extracted uing a Saeco Odeo Giro Machine
My initial sip of this Rich-Dark Viennese-style roast reveals a robust mouthfeel, with slight acidity and an impeccably smooth finish. Just the way I like it!!! ♥ Surely brings back fond memories of our recent US trip...



Enticed??? For only $15.45 for a 16-oz pack (480grams), it's definitely worth the coffee lust!

Check out www.equatorcoffees.com. Signing out, I'm off to fiish this bag and resume regular palette programming...

1 comment:

  1. First off, I love the packaging of Equator Coffee. The last photo with the child's painting looks fab too--gives me the fuzzy warm feeling of enjoying a cup with children in the background. :) I wonder which will suit my palette among the three blends? Hmmm...can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete