Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pike Place's Starbucks


In tune with Starbucks Philippines' annual "planner/diary craze" allow me to pat myself in the back and brag that I claimed mine in less than 2 weeks. A record breaker of sorts since i started collecting this yearly temptation, and chugging down their brews (Signature drinks included) 6 years ago. Now to abstain from entering this caffeinatedly sinfull java hut for the next 2, 3, 6-months even, while I find a way to lose those excess pounds!



While in the festive mood of talking Starbucks and everything caffein, let me share with you our proud experience of visiting their first branch in Seattle, WA - the iconic Starbucks Pike Place which started brewing "the cuppa joe that launched a thousand more branches" in 1971. This place, or "tourist attraction" if I may, is effortlessly oozing with rich history and is of vital relevance to both the now-titanic brand and the Emerald City. Hands down, it solidified Seattle's reputation as the coffee capital of America.


You literally enter a time warp once there, as Starbucks meticulously kept cadence to the original design - from the hardwoods, furnishings and illumination. Oh, I should also mention that they have a signature blend sold exclusively in that outlet, the Pike Place Special Reserve, which I hoarded and brought back home.

Kid not included...
Literally a souvenir shop!
Scratch off another one from our Coffee Geek bucket list!


The band of four,
ONE OF WHICH IS NOT A COFFEE DRINKER (guess who)
mission accomplished!




No comments:

Post a Comment