But proceed with caution; make sure you use the best quality ice cream and coffee available to bring out the full glory of this easy preparation.
Ingredients: (to make 1 serving)
- 2 shots Espresso (I prefer FAR SKYES Premium Roast Arabica), about 50ml
- 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
1) Place 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream into a small coffee or espresso cup
2) Top with double-shot of espresso and serve immediately
Oh, as a final advice: after every spoonful don't forget to take time and bask in the mouthfeel of contrasting texture and changing temperature...
Flavored Gelato Affogato
To make this variation, simply add a tablepspoon (15ml) of your favorite flavored syrup (my favorites are Stasero Hazelnut, Stasero Cherry and Stasero White Chocolate) to the Affogato.
* You can do an adult (spiked) variation by adding your favorite liqueur such as - Sambuca, Amaretto, Frangelico, or Bailey's. 1-tablespoon per serving.